Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Poem for HIM

Purple sheets hang on the line in our backyard. They flow and dance with the wind. Flowers in bloom have spread a sweet fragrance in the air and it's sweet and good. I dance to the rhythm of the broom as I sweep reminding me of my first dance with him. He'll comes home soon enough and I've baked him cookies that he absolutely loves. Some days the quiet in our home is lonely and cold but mostly it's comforting and I get to think even more. I've grown strong and I've been more independent. My strength comes from knowing I am loved. He is strong and calm and brings me happiness. I've never been so loved and I've never been so in love. We have the perfect bond, though we may not be perfect, though our house may not be perfect, we are still perfect for each other in the now. We travel together this earth and find things hidden for us. Magically we appear in situations where we find an adventure. We laugh and cry and hold each other in front of the beauty that we find. Mother nature created this beautiful planet and we enjoy it inch by inch. I glow when I talk about him. He has saved me. Long ago I was lost but climbing out of the darkest place I had fallen to. I was not able to talk freely or dream wildly. It wasn't easy but I made it out. Brendan had an energy that was light and pure and soft. I was totally falling for him from the moment we met. Eating in the dim light making conversation about fish. I was a challenge he learned quick. He came to know me first, but I came to love him first. It was a strong emotion I could not keep, it transferred to him and then back to me. From that first moment we kiss we knew it wouldn't be the last. We married two years later and that was that. We listen to music and make it too. I sit by the window and wish him home safe. Another day of firefighting another night of helping others feel safe. My hero, my man, my artist, and my best friend. I'm so in love and loved too… Brendan and Susie forever and ever blessed.

No comments: