Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Music Saved My LIFE

Music saved my life in 2007. I wanted to take my life. I didn't have a place to go or anyone to talk to. I was lost but not sure of where I was anymore. All I knew was that I could only feel pain and nothing was going to take that away. I wanted to numb myself but even that felt like it wasn't enough. I tried to have the courage to do it. I wasn't sure how I would. I wasn't in love with life or love or art or anything. Just wanted to die. Then this band, with this amazing song began playing loudly over the speaker and the voice sounded so strong and clear and it wasn't music about suicide it was music about living and fighting and never giving up.

I picked up the album that day and I heard it over and over and over again. And then I began singing each word as if I had written it. Every time I sang, I sang with love and hurt in my heart but this new fire in my soul. It was as if I had died and then came back to life as this strong woman. I knew that the reason I didn't want to live was because I somehow believed that I wasn't worth it anymore. Yet this music changed that so much for me.


Though I was still so sad and deeply depressed I had one thing I could count on… music. Music saved my life, music filled a void and when I hear that ONE song, one of many, I can feel my soul ignite telling my heart to keep going, moving my body and directing me to my own path. Music keeps me from losing myself and losing sight of what is important… LIFE.. no matter how bad or good or sad… I can still feel… and it's a beautiful thing.

Music brought me to my husband and together we've been able to over come so much and have this great and wonderful life.

No comments: