Saturday, January 29, 2011

What is a Strong Woman? What is a leader?

This week I was tested, during the test I was asked if I had what it takes to LEAD. I couldn't think of an answer quick enough to save me, but the question set me off. What is it to lead, to be a woman with power, to be a bitch in charge? Is this what makes a strong woman? I started looking it up, googling like a mad man... I mean bitch... lol. And I was inspired.

The first person I thought of was Kelly Cutrone. I read her book last year and I found it inspiring and exciting. Kelly can't press it enough that to be a strong woman you gotta be tough. No crying, no breaking, no mistakes, no prissy hissy fits! She says stuff that gets you moving, gets your energy going, and lights a fire under your ass. She describes being a strong woman like being a wolf mother. The bitch in the front of the pack that guards them to the death!

In Kelly's world, you got to have true grit, wipe that tear from your face and rise above! With her jet black hair all over the place she demands hard work from her people and even harder work from herself. She doesn't put up with the bullshit and she stands up to anyone in her way, which she knocks down effortlessly.

After Kelly came Oprah. Oprah is a master at hard work and professionalism. I watched her interview with that guy that replaced King, and I was just in awe at what she had to say. As a big girl myself, Oprah proved that working hard isn't easy and sometimes we don't get to have our cake... we just eat it... I took one thing from that interview, and that was her truth, that no matter what she was always true to her self and true to the world. She made her life better and earned it.

I hung out with my mother, she is a strong woman. Her reign is strong and her reign is pure. My mother works to the bone because she believes that hard work is an honest life. Plus she has expensive taste. My mother never calls out, she never hurts people or puts anyone in a bind. If you ask her for anything she goes above and beyond to help. My mother is my boss, and she does this with love and kindness... which brought me to my faveorite leader...

Ghandi...

He lead his people with truth, heart, and by being the change he wanted to see in the world.

This is the leader I want to be along with HITGIRL!!!


Strong women are everywhere, and every woman should step it up, be strong, and play hard. I think that no matter what a strong woman is not only just muscle, brains, and bitch, but most of all KIND. Takes a big heart to make big dreams come true.

No comments: