Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Five Bands

I'm excited about 5 bands right now, not because XM U tells me to like them or because it's what all the cool kids like but because the music speaks to me and demands my attention.

Beach House- We just saw them live in Miami and it was really great. I felt like they put on a dark and dreamy show and lead singer Victoria puts you under her spell. I couldn't stop moving and dancing under the shadows. The new record is amazing and you can hear the whole thing from first to last track and love each song as it is. They meant for that, the whole thing was recorded with the intention of a full listen. It's beautifully put together.

Best Coast- Summer is here and even if it doesn't feel it or look it, this new Album certainly feels it. I love Best Coast I think that they all work together and they have that melodic vibe that just gives each song depth. For me I enjoy listening to Best Coast while on the beach or driving around with the windows way down.

Here we go magic- I have not yet listened to the new album but I hear it is really great. I can't wait. Besides how cool was it that they picked up John Waters on the side of the road. I heard the new album was produced by Nigel Godrich and he does amazing things with Radiohead so that it something I def look forward to.

La Sera- Katy Goodman from Vivian Girls is so sexy on this album. She gives Gingers a good name. I love her voice and I love the new record for it's beachy vibes and beautiful vocals. TOTALLLLLY SEXY

Alice Cooper- Okay for the longest time I thought his music wasn't for me. Till stupid Dark Shadows, and now I can't seem to put it down. Alice Cooper is a beast and I love him. I should have given him a second shot when I began listening to glam rock but I just didn't… anyways I think that if you haven't figured it out… you should….

LISTEN TO MUSIC AND CONTINUE DOING LIFE

Too bad the salon I work at doesn't get it…. womp womp

No comments: