Monday, September 26, 2011

Petey!

Petey has the most hair I have ever done on a client. It's thick, strong, and curly. It has taken me a couple of times to truly figure out her hair. Sometimes color would take very quick sometimes it wouldn't take at all and sometimes it would just wash out. Her heavy curls heat foil so if your not careful you can get puffy highlight packages. One day we decided to let me take control and create a new look for her hair. We cut it in many layers and thinned it out, leaving the perimeter in all different lengths. When it curls it is very asymmetrical but when I blow it out its very whirly and flutters down for fullness and movement. For the color we darkened her base to a level 4 with a hint of violet and then we mashed decolorizer on her ends to lighten and expose the ncp to reddish gold. After that I glazed the whole thing with a 5 Red Violet for a very rich edgy look. I am a super Moroccan Oil fan. With Petey a little DOES NOT go a long way. I use enough to give her hair shine and softness. I use style boost from KMS to give her ends a lot of hold and I use a round brush to pull and stretch the hair in smooth textural pieces. Not only does Moroccan oil leave the hair soft and shiny but it smells great and really gives the hair a ton of movement. NO FRIZZ which is def a must in our state. I love Petey, she has a big heart and a wonderful soul. Petey works in the local public schools counseling kids.She also does drama therapy and has a writing class at Solutions in Stuart Fl. Petey is amazing!!!! You can learn more about solutions and the work Petey does at http://www.solutionsforhealing.com/

No comments: