Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bread and Butter

Today at work we had a Goldwell Educator come in and teach us a new cut. It was just like the one from the new Barrymore movie, Going the distance. I was so inspired after all us girls chatted about behind the chair action, color formulas, and what we felt of the our future and the way our economy is now.

It was then i knew that I was going to starve, but at least I'd starve doing something I love.

Obviously I'm no starving artist.

After rocking out a client today, I got off work early and went home in a great mood. I'm lucky I have the best person in the world waiting for me at home. He is truly my best friend and we get each other.

We saw the one ROM-COM for the year and melted in our seats holding hands and making sweet coos. Going the Distance kinda mirrored our life. We both found that we both were really close and perfect and easy going but the distance was about to fuck us up.

All most 3 years ago I moved down south for Brendan. I was really unhappy in Orlando, even though I had a great family and friends. I guess I thought it would be easy to just pick up and go.

It really wasn't.

It was hard, still is. Sometimes it really sucks that I'm not around my parents but sometimes I realize it is better that way.

Adjusting to this area kinda sucks. I just want to shake the zombies of the treasure coast and go, HEY WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I can't.

The thing is, it doesnt matter because I'm going to be where I need to be. I'm working on my writing, my art, my hair, me. I guess time is on my side so I know that I will be all right.

In the end of the day I can turn and look back at my best friend and know he has my back, and I have his.

It's bread and butter

No comments: